Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Think I Can Manage Without It

You know, management really isn’t hard. You make sure your people have what they need to function on a daily basis, make sure they’re all moving in the same (or at least the right) direction, act as their champion when they need someone with more weight to throw it around, take the blame when they fail, and give them credit when they succeed. Seriously, that’s it. 75% of the people in the world would go to war for a manager like that, and the other 25% are worthless pricks that you don’t want on your team anyway.

Why is that such a problem for so many people?

No comments: